Are you getting our emails?
Yesterday we sent an email all about Canada Career Month. Click HERE to see it.
Essentially, November our month to put the spotlight on Career Development. The CDA will be holding events leading up to and during Canada Career Month but your organization can get involved too! Yes, we hope you attend our events but perhaps just as important is holding your own event!
Each week has a focus that will help you plan events, activities and workshops:
Week 1-- Individuals and their community: What are individuals in your community doing to help Canadians find meaningful work?
Week 2-- Employers of all sizes: How can you engage employers to get involved and be part of this national discussion?
Week 3 -- Education from K-12 to Postsecondary: What are your schools, communities and employers doing to help youth with career planning?
Week 4 -- Government and agencies: What can governments, at all levels, do to ensure meaningful work for all Canadians?
• Host an event - a job fair, networking session, workshop, or trade show
• Add a panel or keynote to your AGM or conference programming
• Take part in local media appearances
• Devote a PD Day to Career Development within your organization
• Write an article on career management in your newsletter or blog
• Post a video with your stories about what’s happening in your community for Canada Career Month
The CDA of PEI is more than happy to promote your event and help wherever possible.
Contact Carron firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Have you had a meeting with Carron yet?
She has been busy meeting with our members and soon to be members all in the name of supporting the CDA of PEI membership.
Here's a bit of background:
Last year at our annual conference (over 120 in attendance!) it became crystal clear that our membership wants to have more networking opportunities. We polled the audience and here's what they told us: