What is the bursary?
This bursary is a grant ($500) that will be awarded to three applicants. It is for adults who are working towards completing a post secondary program.
Who can qualify?
To qualify, you must be an adult who:
- Is working towards skills development for a present job or a future career interest
- Is 30 years or older
- Is in or plans to enter a post secondary program or accredited training program to earn a certificate, diploma, or degree.
How do I apply?
To apply for a bursary you must:
- Complete the on-line application below.
- Write a 1-2 page essay (500 – 1000 words) or record a 2-4 minute video.
- Provide two written references from people who are familiar with your efforts to reach your goals, e.g. current or past employer, teacher/instructor. Do not use references from family members.(Please see separate reference form.)
What to include in the essay or video:
- Describe your education and career goals.
- What are your greatest strengths and challenges and how will they impact your education and career goals?
- Tell us about a difficult situation you have dealt with and how you have overcome it.
When will I hear about my application?
Successful applicants will be notified by the selection committee before Summer begins.
Good luck to all the applicants!
Some of the pictures here were taken by Phyllis Pitre as she was a wonderful photographer. Other pictures include 2014 bursary recipients Priscilla Handrahan and Jonathan Ball presented with their prizes by CDA of PEI Chair, Kim Murphy and a picture of Phyllis’s family.
For more information please email email@example.com
Just wanted to thank everyone who took the time to apply for the Phyllis Pitre 2018 Bursary. Check back to find out who our final recipients were this year and their stories!
Looking forward to see what we have in store for 2019!